Day 2-
Well Day 2 has come and gone! I had my two shakes and enjoyed an early dinner with the boys before we went off to practice. Part of my 90 Day Challenge Transformation includes me identifying the triggers that would always lead to me making bad decisions with food. One of those triggers is cooking for my two sons. I always thought I had to make for them something delicious and then make me something healthy. Just having that other food around, I would always taste it and eventually have a serving of "whatever".
So now I have the fun challenge of preparing dinners for us that we can all enjoy but that will also still be healthy. 
So for dinner I made the boys the same thing I made for myself.... just made a few small changes to my plate.

Kids Dinner
2 Chicken Tenderloins
Spinach, Romaine Lettuce, & Cucumbers
Sprinkled Low Fat Cheese
Trader Joe's Low Fat Cilantro Dressing (YUMMY!)
Side of Brown Rice 
Mommy Dinner
1 Chicken Tenderloins
Spinach, Romaine Lettuce, & Cucumbers
Trader Joe's Low Fat Cilantro Dressing (YUMMY!)
Side of Brown Rice 


Since I walk the track while the boys are at football camp, we end up eating again after practice. Last night I made them grilled cheese sandwiches on rye bread... and they ate every bite. As for myself, I just snacked on strawberries and drank a lot of water. I feel like I did fall asleep a little hungrly, so maybe tonight I will eat something more substantial. I am learning here.

On a personal note: Last night I had an experience that I wanted to share with all of you. Because I think it relates and is relevant. Last night I took my sons for some late night swimming before bed . While at the pool, some young teenage boys showed up and were rough housing and just being boys. I kept hearing them say inappropriate stuff, and I just ignored it. Right as we were leaving, I heard them make some very inappropriate sexual comments to each other. So I turned around and scolded them because so many smaller kids were around. I just asked them not to talk like that in front of small kids. To have some respect for others and each other. Well as I walked away one of the kids started to Moo at me. Long story short, I happened to know one of the kid's mothers and they were all reprimanded and at my door this morning to apologize.
But what I want to bring to light is not the incident but the way I felt. Naturally, I was so hurt by the gesture, even more so now when I am actively trying to do something about my weight. I know they were just boys being dumb boys. But how often does this sort of thing happen? Maybe not so upfront as in this case... but it happens almost every day. And I personally, am just tired of the rejection or prejudice. And the truth is, I, Jackie, will never be able to control what comes out of people's mouth or how they feel about fat people. Sadly, this will always be so. But the one thing I do have control of is me. I can't change the world, but I can change me. And that is the thought I want to leave with anyone who experiences this ridicule.
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown to 40 BUCKET LIST- Starts NOW!!!!!

The Devil in Disguise... as Tamales.

Start Time